- Published By: Viola Grace Books
- Author: Viola Grace
- ISBN: 978-1-987969-80-1
- Word Count: 25108
- Publication Date: December 7, 2019
- Series: The Covert Dragons #8
- Available Formats: Adobe Acrobat, Epub, Microsoft Reader, Mobipocket, Mobipocket (.mobi), Palm DOC/iSolo, Rocket, Sony LRF
- Categories: Fantasy, Magick, Paranormal, Shapeshifter, Short Stories, Dragons
Alone in a world that wants her blood, she seeks out friends who embrace her and a new home where she can grow and evolve.
Zzara has been learning magic forbidden to dragons. When the mage guild catches on to what her tutor has been showing her, they are both in trouble. Helping a dragon to learn magic is a high crime. If the dragon wasn’t the child of Magus Warrok, the dragon wasn’t allowed spellwork.
Zzara has few choices. Either she can remain in her friend’s home and put her in danger, or she can leave with the knowledge she already has mastered. It is a choice that forces her to make decisions she wanted to leave for another year.
Emory guards the blood dragon. He has been waiting for this moment for years. The moment the call came out for guards, he got clearance from the elders and made his way to the capital.
The blood dragon was shorter than he had imagined, but she had an intelligence and a will that never failed to surprise him. He had to remain on his toes when she was around, and keeping an air of mystery was his first line of defense.